Thursday, November 3, 2011

Blog 14

*Discuss what you did well + what you need to work on for your DA essay.  Then indicate what kind of feedback you would like from readers.*


My focus and question for this Discourse Analysis essay is:  How does A go from being a victim to a confident and more outgoing person?  What factors influenced A's change and made her able to move from being a victim who was vulnerable, had no control, and almost abused to a rebel who was powerful, capable of inflicting damage, and going outside the rules? 


I think that I did well when it came to pointing out evidence for my focus!  EVIDENCE was easy to find for my focus but then I had to actually state how I think that the subject turned from a victim to a rebel which was hard!!  I hope that I did well.  I think that I did a pretty good job with the paper, but I am not sure if it is exactly what Professor Chandler wanted.  If it is, I know that I got down exactly what I need to do to write an DA paper.  It seems easy to do DA, but to write a paper on it is a totally different story.  If I did, I feel that this was a great accomplishment within this class.  I think I did everything that I was supposed to do, so I really do not have anything to say about what I should have worked on.  Maybe after I receive feedback, I will be able to answer that!


FEEDBACK?
I would like Professor Chandler and my readers to let me know how my organization was and if I elaborated enough on each point.  ALSO, if I did what  I was supposed to do.  Like I said before, I do not know if I did exactly what Professor Chandler wanted.  I would like to know if I stayed on topic and if I 

·         characterize relationships within a body of discursive data
·         discuss your characterizations in a way that connects them to larger discourses
·         explains those connections in terms of a larger argument or theory supported by your data

This is what Prof. wanted..and I THINK I accomplished that.  WE SHALL FIND OUT SOON :)

Also, if I did as well as I THINK I did, I will definitely do my final paper on DA..I know that makes Prof. Chandler happy because of the difficulty in DA.  But, she successfully explained and taught ME DA.. I just hope my DA paper shows that...

No comments:

Post a Comment