Wednesday, October 26, 2011

ADDITIONAL NOTES FOR DA ESSAY

My focus for blog 11 was not direct enough and was too general, so I changed my focus.  I changed my information on Blog 11 and I am stating new information on this blog.  My new focus is the following: 


 HOW DOES A GO FROM BEING A VICTIM TO BEING A REBEL?


First I will explain why she is a victim in the first excerpt.  I will include:
  • The word differences in each excerpt
    • I vs. We, the use of pronouns, she seems afraid by using I in the first excerpt rather than 'we' in the second excerpt
    • use of the word dangerous in the first vs. the use of the word funny in the second
  • Re-telling the first story in excerpt 1 which shows that she is not sure, she still fears what  happened in the past
  • A does most talking in the first, shows that she is nervous from the past
  • She seems to grow into a protector of her sister, from a scared girl to a protector of her sister
  • Her parents not knowing about the internet puts her in the position of a victim
    • she is vulnerable because her parents were not familiar with computers, if her parents knew about computers, this most likely would not have happened
  • Learning from her mistake of being the victim, watches over sister when on the computer
  • Less control
  • tone and information seems dangerous
THEN, I will explain why she seems to be a rebel in the second:
  • Thinks what happened is funny
  • uses of we, stronger, not afraid
  • Ch and A talk almost an equal amount, doesn't see like she is talking as much in the first excerpt which shows me that she is not as nervous as she was in the first excerpt
  • very outgoing, not afraid
  • more control 
  • tone seems fun, worry free

THE EVIDENCE/QUESTIONS THAT WILL MOST LIKELY PROVE THAT SHE GOES FROM BEING THE VICTIM TO REBEL:


  • Does her mother not knowing much of the internet cause her to be more of the victim?
  • Does this cause her to be more independent and able to grow from a scared child to a 'rebel' as an adolescent?  
  • Does the fact that her mom did not know much of the internet cause her too be more frightened or  not as frightened?  
  • If the mother knew that she was doing this would she still be able (most likely no) then would she be able to learn from her mistakes?
  • Does the fact that her mother not knowing about the internet cause her to step up and be more mature so that she can watch over her sister on the internet?
  • She goes from being a victim to a rebel because of certain things that happened

NOW I AM BLANK!!!

My problem is...how do I pull this all together so that I can make a point?  What is my point...that she is a victim and then turns into a rebel?  I do not know how I can exactly answer the question of H.O.W???

 HOW DOES A GO FROM BEING A VICTIM TO BEING A REBEL?  


I know differences from her being a victim to a rebel but.......that is about it.. HELP Professor

No comments:

Post a Comment